1. To mark your page you: use a bookmark, bend the page corner, leave the book open face down?
It depends on the situation. I leave lots open face down, but I have developed quite the stash of bookmarks that I have begun to use.
2. Do you lend your books?
3. You find an interesting passage: you write in your book or NO WRITING IN BOOKS!
What??? You write in books? Sinner!
4. Dust jackets – leave it on or take it off.
I take them off most of the time.
5. Hard cover, paperback, skip it and get the audio book?
I prefer hard cover because they are more durable.
6. Do you shelve your books by subject, author, or size and color of the book spines?
Subject, then size, then color. I am currently working on getting all of my books entered in a program to enter in the Library of Congress call number. I will then proceed with printing spine labels and really getting into organizing my books.
7. Buy it or borrow it from the library later?
I prefer to buy, but see my previous post.
8. Do you put your name on your books – scribble your name in the cover, fancy bookplate, or stamp?
I used to use a stamp but I’ve actually begun using LSB Book Plates on some of my books.
9. Most of the books you own are rare and out of print books or recent publications?
I have lots of different kinds of books in my collect. I do have some rare books on my wishlist right now.
10. Page edges – deckled or straight?
Eh… doesn’t matter.
11. How many books do you read at one time?
Maybe three at most.
12. Be honest, ever tear a page from a book?