Ever wonder what a seminarian listens to on his iPod?
Here is your chance to find out!
I actually use my iPod for a number of things. I do watch movies and tv shows on it occasionally, especially on trips. I wasn’t sure if I would like the small screen, but I’m sold on it now. I also listen to my CDs that I’ve put on it over the years: rock, alternative, rap, classical, comedy, R&B, movie soundtracks, to name a few of the genres. The only thing not represented: country. Sorry… I can’t listen to it. My wife can, but I can’t handle it.
The other big use for my iPod is for podcasts. Here are the podcasts that I currently listen to (by category) with a few notes:
- Issues, etc. I’ve been listening to Issues, etc. since 2003 via web streaming and podcasts. Great show with great topics. I have both the old show (pre-cancelation) and the new show on my iPod.
- Chapel Sermons from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis. Before vicarage I was in chapel everyday. Even then I still had some sermons I’d go back and listen to again.
- Seeds of Faith Podcast
- Redeemer Lutheran Church Sermons
- Higher Things Radio
- The God Whisperers
- Necessary Roughness
- Car Talk. My mom and I would often listen to NPR’s Car Talk while driving home from church. When it came out as a podcast… who could resist? Lisa and I normally save up episodes and listen to them on trips. Yes… we have listened to five straight hours of Click and Clack.
- USGS Corecast. This is a rather new edition that was added to my podcast feeds after the small earthquake that happened last spring in St. Louis. While surfing the USGS website I found the podcast. Very understandable and reasonably short.
- Typical Mac User Podcast
- MyMac Magazine Podcast
- Mac Roundtable Podcast
- MacCast (Enhanced)
- MacWorld Podcast
- MacWorld Video Podcast
Now please don’t think that I listen to every episode of all of these podcasts. Many sit in my iTunes directory for a while only to have me delete them…. that is especially true for the Harry Potter and the technology podcasts.